zondag 19 februari 2012

Learning a foreign language online: is it possible?

A few weeks ago a gave me a link to a website where one can learn a language online. I wasn't really interested in this and didn't believe that it's actually possible to learn a language online, but just out of curiousity I had a look and tried out a free course basic Lithuanian, as this is a fascinating language to me.

The first lesson was surprisingly easy. I wrote down some simple Lithuanian in a writing exercise, spoke some words in a speaking exercise and passed the final test on vocabulary with 94%. So I moved on to the second lesson. While working on this lesson, I received an e-mail in my inbox: somebody had left a review on my work. I had received feedback from a Lithuanian member of this website on my writing exercise and learned from the corrections.
Ok, very nice, I thought, now back to lesson 2 again. A few minutes later I received another e-mail. This time another Lithuanian speaker gave me feedback on my speaking exercise and she even left audio comment to show me how she would pronounce everything, which is really helpful when you first start learning a language.

After all I found this a really motivating learning environment. Soon I might even start using this website to make new friends, as it allows you to chat with other members that speak the language that you want to learn or are learning a language that you speak fluently.

So do you have a foreign language that you always wanted to learn, but you just never knew where to begin? Then start learning it today at www.livemocha.com!

Many native speakers will be waiting for you.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten