woensdag 14 januari 2015

Funniest Dutch commercials ever

Today I watched the annual award show for the best Dutch commercial of 2014. In the Netherlands we are quite creative when it comes to thinking of good, interesting or funny commercials. And I'm a kind and giving person, so I won't keep all the fun just for myself. So today I will share some of my personal all-time favorite Dutch commercials.

5. Pearle Optician - Shouldn't you get glasses?

Not much to write about this one: it speaks for itself. Since it's all in Dutch, let me translate what they are saying a bit.
Man in the truck: "Shouldn't you get glasses?"
Other man: "Why? Do you know how much that costs, man?"
Voice-over: "Look. That's why Pearle has the Budget Selection. (...)"


4. Centraal Beheer Achmea - Prison guard

Insurance company Achmea has been known for coming up with creative commercials every year that end with "Even Apeldoorn bellen...", which can be roughly translated to English as "Just call us...". Every commercial starts off relaxed, but then somehow the main character of the commercial ends up in a situation where things go wrong. And then all you need to do to make things right is to call your insurance company.
In the following commercial we see a prison guard who wants to impress his colleague on his first day, but again: things go wrong. Not sure how much Achmea can help in this particular situation, but if the guy has a health insurance with Achmea, at least he doesn't need to worry about the hospital bill...


3. KPN - Generation KPN

Watch and see how the current generation plays hide and seek...


2. Heineken - Walking fridge

This commercial puts a smile on my face every time I see it. I can watch it 10 times in a row: the smile is always there. It may be internationally famous, but it's originally a Dutch commercial (I can tell by the house owner's accent) so I can still put it here. Enjoy!


1. Cup a soup - Sjors

I present to you: Sjors, my childhood hero. I used his quote "Hij is weer heerlijk, Coby" ("It's delicious again, Coby" - which he is saying to the lady in the cafetaria next to the soup machine) from this commercial for several years whenever my mother (who is not named Coby) had cooked a delicious meal. It drove her crazy, by the way.

About the commercial: when the new brand Cup a soup entered the market, they wanted all offices to buy a Cup a soup machine. They tried to achieve this by introducing the character of Sjors: the big shot manager who is achieving many great things all because he has a cup of soup every day at four o'clock.
Watch and see what happens when people interrupt Sjors while he is having his "moment" at 4 o'clock...


1 opmerking:

  1. The walking fridge is the best!! But only if you know the previous commercial with the real walk-in fridge :) But I love it! :) The glasses one is also good :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen