zaterdag 7 februari 2015

The songs that didn't make the cut for ISC#6...

I hope you all enjoyed the latest edition of ISC. From the people who voted (and even some who didn't vote) I got many positive responses about finding a great song they liked. As you can imagine, there are many other songs that weren't part of the contest for some reason. Here are some examples.

Softengine - Yellow House (Finland)

This is my absolute favorite song of 2014. I first heard about Softengine in Eurovision, where they reached the final with their great song Something Better. I liked the song, but I immediately knew it was not going to be my favorite by this band. I heard so much unfulfilled potential in their song that I couldn't wait to hear other songs by these young lads. Yellow House was my clear favorite, which is why I will share it with you today.



Klapa Cambi - Jidra Mog Vapora (Croatia)

An amazing song from the Balkan. This song would have been in my contest without a doubt, if it wasn't for that other even more amazing Croatian song about the girl named Zorica. The song is more traditional and sang by a choir, so it's certainly not the kind of music I normally share via my blog. But it is a good song, so why not give it a try?



Leslie & Ivyrise - Je Te Donne (France)

Another song that would have been very likely to be in any other contest if it wasn't for another great entry from the same country. The following song may be a bit too much of a pop-song for some people, but one cannot deny that it's a catchy and cheerful tune.



Andrea Demirovic - Odlazim (Montenegro)

Espcially for people who love movies like Step Up or dancing in general, it might be nice to watch the following video. I don't especially like dancing or dance-movies, but even for me this is a beautiful video. And a good song as well.



Kabul Dreams - Chill Morghak (Afghanistan)

I bet the following song is not at all what you would expect from an Afghan song. But also in muslim countries there are young men who like rock music. These guys sound so talented, I hope to hear more from them some day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten