dinsdag 20 juli 2010

Living the dream

I was very surprised when my old friend A. from the Dominican Republic wrote me an e-mail one month ago, inviting me over to his place in Santo Domingo. Of course I said yes immediately, and I was even more excited when he told me I could bring a friend if I wanted. So this morning I left for two weeks in the Caribbean sun, together with my good friend S., who I found willing to come with me to this tropical island. Who would say no to such a great opportunity?

When our plane arrived we were amazed by the beauty of the country. Also Santo Domingo is an amazing place: it has a very nice beach and also a beautiful inner city. But we had little time to see that now. We had our suitcases and wanted to get to A.'s place as soon as possible. We took a taxi to the address that I had written down. You wouldn't believe what happened next. We were taken to a very rich neighbourhood and when the taxi stopped, I was absolutely stunned. This house was not just a house, it was more like a mansion! A white mansion at the sea-side, with a very green garden surrounding it. I asked the driver one more time whether this was the right address, but he insisted it was. Could my friend really afford to live here? We walked his drive-way and rang the doorbell. After one minute the door was opened by my old friend, who welcomed me to his country with a big hug. I told him how amazed we were by his mansion. He just laughed, and said "Life is good my friend, life is good." He took me straight through his living room to the balcony, where we had the most amazing seaview. He told us to sit down on the loungers and went away. We were quite tired from the long travel and lay down. It felt so good, laying down in the sun and we closed our eyes.

We had almost fallen asleep when A. came back. He had made us cocktails! What a nice gesture! Unfortunately he had to go now, but he told us to make ourselves comfortable, so we lay down again. It was already quite late now and the sun was already going down, so we watched the sunset together, sipping from our cocktails. It was a truly astonishing view: the palmtrees, the ocean, the orange sky above it, a lonely couple taking a romantic walk on the beach... I wished this moment would last forever.

I looked at S., who was sitting next to me. She hadn't said a single word for almost 10 minutes now. She must have been really amazed by the beauty of this sunset. She looked back at me. The orange light, shining on her face, made her more beautiful than ever. I asked if she wanted to sit closer to me, and she immediately jumped up to come sit on my lounger. We were sitting really close to eachother now. I put my arm around her while watching the sunset together, which made the moment feel even better. She looked me in the eyes now. I'm not sure about it, but I think I saw her blushing. This moment felt so right, and slowly our faces came closer to eachother. When our lips first met, it was a bit of an awkward moment, but soon we got the spirit of the moment again and we kissed.

This was another moment that never should have ended, but unfortunately for me it was time to wake up, and my alarm clock disturbed this wonderful dream... Right now I can only hope that one day this dream will come true. My first thought of the day: I should really contact my old friend in Santo Domingo again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten