zaterdag 31 juli 2010

New music recommendations!

So now it's time for... some music! For today I set myself as a goal to inform you all about my music taste. As I got the feeling that just posting a list of music recommendations was not a very effective way to make you guys listen to my music, so this time I will do it in a different way. In this blog post I will discuss a few of my favourite artists, tell a little something about them to make you more curious and give some recommendations on what tracks you should listen to. Just read these descriptions and decide for yourself which bands/singers you want to give a try.

Scouting For Girls

What other band should I start with than my all-time favourite Scouting For Girls? Ok, I have talked about them before on this blog, but in my defense, they do have a new album. And what an album! They have a totally new sound, which should be appealing to a bigger audience. As a result, the first single of the album, "This ain't a love song", became a hit all over Europe. Also their second single "Famous" has the potential to become quite popular. These are not the only good tracks of the album however. Most songs sound a bit different from what the true SFG-fans are used to, but they are great songs and if you're into positive and danceable music, you should give them a try! I have not heard from a single person that they didn't like Scouting For Girls (although maybe they just say they like it because they don't want to break my enthusiasm), so really, try it.
You should listen to: "Little miss naughty", "1+1", "Gotta keep smiling" and to all other songs these wonderful guys have ever made.

Go:Audio

This band had been in my last.fm-recommendations for quite a long time before I actually started listening to their music. The first thing I noticed while listening to the first song was the (male) singer with earring in the video of "She left me". The intro was quite catchy though, so I kept on listening and I still don't regret doing that! Not all of their songs are as good as their best songs, but there are some more songs that are certainly worth listening. All of the songs below also have a great intro by the way, that seems to be their specialty.
You should listen to: "She left me", "Made up stories" and "Drive to the city".

Little Man Tate

I discovered this band while I was shopping in Tilburg. I heard a great song on the radio, and HAD TO know who it was. I asked the salesman, but he didn't know. So I stored part of the lyrics in my phone, and googled it right when I got home. About the music itself: I think these guys have a bit of a 60s-sound and you can also hear the British accent. Me like that very much. :D A pity the band split up already. Be sure to check out the videos too, they're pretty good in my humble opinion.
You should listen to: "This must be love", "Hey little sweetie" and "Sexy in Latin".

Alexander Rybak

I suppose most of you guys remember him only as that cute guy from Norway that won the Eurovision song contest with that happy song. I can hear you thinking. What happened to him? Well, I can tell you, he's still singing. And most songs have the typical Fairytale-sound, so if you liked that sound, check out his other songs!
You should listen to: "Funny little world", "Roll with the wind" and, for the curious people among you, "Fela igjen", a song in Norwegian made by Alexander together with hiphop formation Opptur. It's quite good, and you can find a subtitled version on YouTube.

All Time Low

I had been following this band on Youtube for a while, when suddenly a Dutch tv station surprised me by playing one of their songs and actually kept on playing it for quite some time. So for those of you that watch TMF a lot, these guys are a bit familiar. But even for you there must be some songs by them that you don't know yet. For those of you that have never heard of these guys, I can tell you that they're a four-piece pop-punk band from the USA that make quite good music. If you sometimes feel like a punk-rocker, check out these guys.
You should listen to: "Weightless", "Dear Maria, count me in" and "Damned if I do ya (damned if I don't)"

The Pigeon Detectives

This is certainly not a recommendation that everybody will like, but I had to mention them. The Pigeon Detectives is an indie-rockband from England that has a special sound that I can't really put into words. I guess the only way to find out what I mean is to listen to these guys. :)
You should listen to: "Take her back", "I'm not sorry", "Romantic type" and if you're the kind of person that is very self-confident you should also listen to "Everybody wants me".

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed reading about (and listening to) these artists as much as I did writing about them. Let me know if you found some new music because of it, that's always nice to hear. :)

Have a good day!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten