maandag 11 oktober 2010

My first AIESEC Conference

During the past weekend I experienced my first AIESEC conference ever. And I must say, it was quite good. The conference was held in Seč, a small village around 100kms from Prague. I followed the special trainees program: while the other AIESEC-ers spent their days mostly listening to presentations, our schedule was a nice mixture of games (first time in months I played soccer again, so great!) and the some interesting presentation sessions.

So we arrived Friday evening. After a short introduction there was a party, with free beer, but the “installation” didn’t work, so there was no beer that night. As a compensation there was some free wine, but the wine was so bad that drinking too much it would guarantee a massive headache the next day. So I stayed sober that night.
The next day started with a game (during which I discovered that I have an unexpected talent for rope-skipping) and later we had some discussions. The day program was nice, unlike our lunch, which was like a traditional Czech meal I guess. Dinner was better, although I had to finish my meal all alone in that large dining room, because I arrived late. Luckily my lazy roommate was even later, so we could eat together. :)
In the evening there was a party, which was great. I watched the beer drinking-battle and talked to some very nice Czech (and Slovak, there are lots of Slovaks in AIESEC Prague) people. I really enjoyed myself at that party, even though I usually didn’t participate in all the special AIESEC-dances. That’s a really crazy thing about AIESEC. Every time we met in the conference room, we had to do a crazy dance altogether before the session started. But I think I have to get used to that. :)

On Sunday, well, what can I say.. Everybody was tired, so we didn’t really do that much. We had some nice quiet talks with all the trainees and visited the lake that was nearby, where we could lay down in the unexpected October-sun. After that we had the closing session and then it was time to go home.

So now I’m in Prague again, home sweet home. The conference is behind me, but at least I took with me some “veri” good memories!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten