zondag 24 april 2011

A Czech rollercoaster

This week I heard about the fact that there was a fair in Prague with Dutch attractions on it. It was even said that they would have "kroketten" and "frikandellen", which was a reason for me to go there with a couple of colleagues. Unfortunately the Dutch snacks-salesman had already left, but I did get a ride in both a Dutch and a Czech rollercoaster at that fair.

The difference was noticeable. The Dutch attraction was beautifully made, with lots of accessoires, safe and gave me an exciting ride. Just the kind of rollercoaster I am used to. The Czech rollercoaster however was ugly, but looking spectacular. The ride itself was quite ok, but the most exciting part was the fact that you never knew for sure if you were going to survive the next descent. The control room of the rollercoaster looked like it had not changed for the past 40 years, there was some rust on the tracks and when you looked down you would see a table with some very old and basic tools to do maintenance. Luckily all of the people who dared to go on this ride survived it, but it was certainly an experience we will never forget. :)

Easter

So today is the first day of Easter. And since my girlfriend is not coming this weekend and my flatmates are out of town, I had to hide my own Easter eggs this morning. That was still quite fun to do, but it was not so much fun to search them afterwards. I was done in about 1 minute. They tasted very good though. :)

So next week there is another holiday for me as a Dutchman: Queen's Day. And I will get to celebrate it in Prague maybe even better than I would have done in the Netherlands. On Thursday, I will go to the embassy to eat Dutch food and drink Heineken-beer. On Friday I will go to a special Queen's Day-party at a nice club here in Prague. Should be a good week for me. :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten