dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Travelling plans

Hi all,

This summer I will (hopefully) be the best summer of my life. Not only am I living in a vibrant city called Prague, but also I will do a lot of travelling. Two weeks from now, I will already start my first travel. I will fly to Vilnius and go back to Prague using public transportation. I will not book any ho(s)tels in advance, so I will have as much flexibility as possible. Here is the (preliminary) schedule of my travel:

27.05 Prague --> Vilnius
28.05 Vilnius
29.05 Day trip to Trakai and Kibininė
30.05 Vilnius --> Riga
31.05 Riga
01.06 Riga --> Kaunas
02.06 Kaunas
03.06 Kaunas (or something else?)
04.06 Kaunas --> Warsaw
05.06 Warsaw
06.06 Warsaw --> Katowice
07.06 Katowice --> Prague

This means that I will reach my new year's resolution of visiting at least 3 countries I have never been to before in just 10 days. In total, this will be around 2000 km of travelling, which is a lot, but it should be an awesome experience, as I will try to hang out with locals as much as possible. This way I will see not only the touristic places in the cities I will visit, but also the areas where you can really feel what a country is like.

My second travel of this summer will be my annual trip to Eastern Europe to do volunteer work. This year, I have decided to go to Ukraine, where I will help renovating the old monastery of Pidkamin. This monastery has a long and somewhat tragic history (just google it if you want to know more) and it is important for the local people that it stays in a good state.
The renovation work will take place between 17 and 31 July and during that period I will also get to stay at the monastery, which should be a very special experience.

During the rest of the summer I will probably do some more city trips within Czech Republic and maybe to Bratislava or Kraków.

Of course you, as a reader of my blog, will be among the first to hear about all my adventures on all of these travels. :)

1 opmerking: