dinsdag 7 juni 2011

Trip to the Baltics & Poland - The summary

Dear reader,

Below you will find the travel diary I wrote during my travel to Lithuania, Latvia and Poland. I realise that I wrote quite a lot and not all of you may have the time to read all of it, so I will just write a short summary of the travel here.

The whole idea behind my travel was to meet as much locals as possible, to get an impression of what a country is really like instead of just exploring the country using a travel guide and map. I travelled alone, but in total I met up with 9 people (plus their friends sometimes) in 5 different cities: Vilnius, Riga, Kaunas (my favourite), Warsaw and Ostrava. This concept was a big success: I got to do and see a lot of things the average tourist would never get to do or see and made a lot of new friends.

I'm already considering doing a second trip like this, to the Southeastern part of Europe next year, because this last trip has certainly been the best trip I have ever made. But that's for later, first I have to start planning my travel to Ukraine in July. This is going to be my best summer ever. :)

A selection of my photos are available on Facebook. And if you can't see them because of that, just do something about that. :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten