zondag 20 april 2014

Eurovision 2014: my top 5

In a few weeks time it will be time for the Eurovision Song Contest again. 10 years ago this would have been a really exciting moment with a lot of pleasant (and unpleasant) surprises on the day itself, but nowadays it's very easy to listen to all songs in advance and pick your favorites. And that is exactly what I did. Here is my top 5:

5. Switzerland (Sebalter - Hunter Of Stars)

I can't help it: I just like all Swiss entries for Eurovision. Maybe it's due to their extensive selection process, maybe I just like Swiss music in general. Anyway, the past 4 years Switzerland has been in my top 5 of favorite Eurovision songs and this year is no different. I doubt that this song will win finish top 5 in the real contest as well, but the whistling adds something extra and makes the song stand out. My prediction is that Sebalter does have the potential to make it to the final with a good live performance, but if they do, they're probably going to end in the bottom regions there.



4. Sweden (Sanna Nielsen - Undo)

I already knew Sanna Nielsen and liked her music (and so did you guys, since she finished fourth in ISC#3 with her song "Empty Room"). And now not only the readers of my blog but Eurovision fans from all over the world will get to know Sanna's music. Her song "Undo" is among the top favorites according to the bookmakers. I'm afraid that there is too much competition on the sad love songs-department for her to win the contest, but she will certainly get a good result with this beautiful love ballad.



3. Finland (Softengine - Something Better)

After Switzerland, Finland another country that is often in my personal top 5. I realize that this song is just my personal taste and I'm afraid that these guys are going to struggle to reach the final. But I will certainly be enjoying their performance in the semi finals.



2. Denmark (Basim - Cliche Love Song)

The host country of Eurovision will be represented by a young man named Basim, who is singing a very catchy pop song. He is showing that a song doesn't need to be complicated to be a candidate for the victory.
If you ask me, Denmark may well go for a second victory in a row.



1. Latvia (Aarzemnieki - Cake To Bake)

Cakes seem to be an important topic at this year's edition of Eurovision. Teo from Belarus sings about how he's tired of being called "sweet cheesecake" by his girlfriend and Jöran is singing for Latvia about baking a cake as well. This song is my personal favorite in the song contest.

They are the least likely to win the contest according to bookmakers, but for sure they will give a happy, summery feeling to the viewers of the Eurovision Song Contest.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten