zondag 13 april 2014

The musical journey continues!

And here I am, back after an amazing summer and an even more amazing travel to South America. I am currently writing down my travel stories and plan to post them next weekend. First, I will continue the musical journey around the world that I started at the beginning of this year. In this post I will share some nice songs from all over the world.

Indila - Dernière Danse (France)

The first song I'm sharing with you is a huge hit right now in France. Even though it's not really my kind of music, I can understand why. Even though she's well in her thirties, this is only the first solo single by Indila (real name: Adila Sedraia) and there's not a lot of information available about her online. Hope you will enjoy the song by this French mystery woman...


Satellite Stories - Scandinavian Girls (Finland)

Through my own International Song Contest I've already shared some of my favorite music from other countries. Satellite Stories (3rd place in ISC #4) has really become one of my favorite bands now. They make that typical kind of indie music that I like. Their songs remind me of bands like Vampire Weekend, The Wombats and Two Door Cinema Club. In February these guys were coming to the Netherlands and I saw them live. They were amazing. :)


Celeste Buckingham - Never Be You (Slovakia)

You may also remember the Slovak entry in ISC#4: Celeste Buckingham. I listened to some more songs by her and also became a fan of this young woman. Buckingham was born in Switzerland (from a Swiss mother and an American father, which explains her non-Slovak sounding last name) and has been living in Slovakia for the biggest part of her life. She barely reached the top 10 in the Czechoslovak version of Idols, but I'm glad that she kept on singing. Just listen to the song below and you will see why. 


If you liked this song and want to hear her duet with the famous Slovak rapper Majk Spirit, click here.

Ziyoda - Kun Tong (Uzbekistan)

Up next a song from the relatively unknown but very beautiful country of Uzbekistan. Ziyoda (or as her passport says: Ziyoda O’tkirovna Qobilova) is a famous singer and actress in Uzbekistan. She has a voice that reminds me a bit of Shakira. This song may not be the most special song ever, but it's always nice to hear what kind of music people listen to in a country like Uzbekistan, right?


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten