zondag 3 juli 2016

Travel plans for the future

People often ask me what will be my next destination. To be honest, at the moment I don’t know yet what will be my next big trip. I prefer to travel in low-season because in summer the weather in the Netherlands is nice enough too and there is enough to do. And I got a weekend in London planned as well for the end of this month. So my next big trip will not be very soon. I can tell you about the countries that are still on my must-see list though.

South Africa

Recently I started to be more and more into South Africa as a travel destination. More than 5 years ago I had a penpal from there who invited me over and kept on sending me pictures of the most beautiful places in South Africa, but I never went there and am not really in touch with him any more. Maybe it’s high time to revitalize this friendhip and start making plans for a trip to South Africa though. I am very curious about both the language (as you may know, Afrikaans is very similar to Dutch and when it’s written down or spoken slowly I can understand almost all of it) and the beautiful places this country has to offer, so I am quite sure I want to go here within the coming 5 years. I just need to find an appropriate time for it.

Thailand and Vietnam

They say that a true traveler will never finish his to-go-list. Whenever he crosses off one country, he adds two more. And that’s also the case for me. Usually when I talk to other people who traveled a lot I ask what has been their most beautiful destination. Often I get the answer that Thailand is a true paradise. I was never that curious about this country, but the more people recommend it to me the more my curiosity is provoked. Vietnam has been on my to-go-list for a long time already though, but after I was in Arashiyama at a place that reminded me a lot of Hoi An I really want to go to this special country. And there are signs that Vietnam will loosen up its visa policy, so hopefully I can even go there in the near future without having to go to the embassy first to arrange my visa.

Australia, New Zealand and Fiji

One might say that I am too much of an ambitious person for wanting to visit Australia, New Zealand and Fiji in one trip. But nothing is impossible. I already have a plan to save up enough holidays for a 6 week trip Down Under. Although with those distances and the amount of things to see in both Australia and New Zealand even 6 weeks may not be enough… And I just remembered I would also love to see Bora Bora, which is also in the neighborhood. Gosh, there are too many amazing places on this planet...

Argentina and Brazil

Argentina and Brazil: the two largest countries in South America. So far I have not visited many countries on this continent yet (only Peru and Bolivia), so I would love to visit these two countries. I can’t wait to see Rio de Janeiro and those smaller colonial cities in Argentina that look just like a Spanish city of 200 years ago. Some day…

Cruise through the Caribbean

For several years I have been saying that I want to have a honeymoon on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. It would be the perfect way to combine romantic moments with lots of traveling and exploring, wouldn’t it? Now I just need to find that one amazing woman who is willing to marry me and make that enormous sacrifice of going on a cruise to the Caribbean for our honeymoon…

You know what the best thing about making such a list of dream destinations is? A few years from now I will be able to look back at this blog post and hopefully see that I visited most of these countries already.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten