maandag 15 november 2010

Weekend in Olomouc!

I had been looking forward to my first real trip within Czech Republic for weeks already. This weekend the moment was finally there. The initial plan for the first day was to meet some guy from Couchsurfing on Saturday afternoon and to visit the city together and go out together afterwards. However, plans can change.

Friday late in the afternoon I received a message from him that unfortunately he could not host me this weekend and that he also had little time to show me around, because his floor was under water. That was kinda last minute. But as a Couchsurfer you need to be flexible. And so I was. I immediately went searching for other people I could meet on Saturday, and eventually I got in touch with a girl named Nela, who invited me to meet her in the city and I could also spend the night at her place. The only "problem" was that there were already two Polish Couchsurfers staying at her place as well. So on Saturday I went into the city with Nela, Anna and Tomek (the two Polish people) and we had a good time, visiting all places in the dark and drinking beer at something that was neither a restaurant nor a bar. And we spent the evening at home talking, making crazy pictures and eating Polish candy. :)

On Sunday I met my penpal Mája. She was a really nice and talkative girl and she showed me all the poetic and romantic places Olomouc had to offer. We went to visit the cathedral, the park, a tower with a marvellous view on the city and the surrounding countryside and we also ate in a cute traditional Moravian restaurant, where the menu was written in the local dialect. The food there was very good, and in fact was able to order my meal in Czech! Or at least I was able to say the number, name of the meal and "prosím" (please) after it. And we saw the magnificient fluteman too! He really exists! Anyway, as you can read I really had a great time on Sunday and at the end of the day I already started to feel at home in Olomouc and was a bit sad I had to go home to Prague again.

After a long travel of over 3 hours I finally got home, but I was still full of energy after such an amazing weekend. I really want to thank all the people who made my weekend so good, you guys are awesome!

So here are some photos of my trip:









The full selection of the pictures of weekend can be found on Facebook.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten