woensdag 15 december 2010

Back in Holland

Hi all!

So the long weekend in Holland went over quite quickly and now I'm back in Prague. And actually today is the first day that I would want to go back to Holland permanently. It was so good to see everybody again and to always have somebody around to talk to when you need to share something. But probably such a feeling is quite normal on the first evening after you leave your family and will not be home for the at least 6 months.

Of course the fact that I have this feeling a bit tonight means that I had a great time in Holland. It was so nice to see everybody again and to live my "old" life again for a few days. And of course my last night in Holland, the reason why I went back this early, was also great: the concert of Scouting For Girls at Tivoli. The whole evening was amazing! I was amazed by the support act called Handsome Poets. If you don't know them, you should really check out their song Dance (The war is over) on YouTube. And of course I really enjoyed the enthousiasm with which lead singer Roy of SFG played his keyboard (can't believe it wasn't broken at the end of the night) and the pure passion with which he sang his songs too. Seeing him perform again was almost like meeting an old friend and it gave all of the people that were there such a unique feeling. Unfortunately the feeling was ruined a bit at the end of the night by the Dutch railways, because there were no trains going to and from Utrecht. Again a problem with the Dutch railways. That was one of the things from home that I didn't miss the past three months. Maybe life in Czech Republic is not so bad after all.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten