zaterdag 4 december 2010

Winter in Prague

Winter has arrived in Prague. The city is covered by a thick layer of fresh white snow and the temperature is well below zero every day. And in fact I'm already getting used to the cold weather. Today I went outside and thought it was quite a lovely day, even though the temperature was -7 degrees. Which means I'm adapting pretty well to the climate in Czech Republic. :) Although I must admit that the prospect of having this kind of weather for the next 4 months still is a bit frightening. But well, there are ways to escape the cold of course. :D More about that will follow later.

Anyway. What I was going to write about. The Christmas atmosphere is taking over Prague. There are already lights everywhere, Christmas songs on the radio, Christmas trees in the city and also real Christmas markets. Today I visited one. The market was great, a lot of nice stuff is being sold there and in fact I also tried some kind of food that seems to be a Czech specialty. It tasted very good, but I don't know the name of it, so I will describe here how it is made, and hopefully somebody can tell me the name. :)

So. It is made out of dough, that is put in a fryer for around one minute. Then there is some red sauce on it, that seems to say: "sorry, sorry, sorry, I really didn't mean to, but I'm a bit spicy, can you please forgive me?" and finally there is some grated Czech cheese on top of it, that actually has no taste, but makes the snack complete.
I'm really curious what this was, so if you're Czech and know what I'm talking about, please enlighten me! Děkuji in advance.

Have a good weekend.

1 opmerking:

  1. maybe you have already found out the name of the dough thing but if you didn´t it´s called: Langoš :))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen