woensdag 22 december 2010

New place to live + a little experiment to make you feel better

Finally it's going to happen: I'm gonna move out of my cheap flat in Rajská Zahrada and into a great flat in a majestic building in the center of Prague. This will be my new home:



I will be living on the fifth floor, which is nice, because over there you won't hear much of the sounds of the city and we have a very luxorious elevator, in which you would just like to stay as long as possible. Maybe in the first week I will just play lift-boy for a few hours, just to go up and down in that wonderful elevator. :)
Anyway. I will move on 2 January 2011, and I will have 2 flatmates: a French expat and an American student. I already met both of them, and they're both very nice people, so I can't wait to move in. The room itself is also very large and I have a double bed, which means I will have no problems hosting any kind of guests. Which is a good thing, because it's always nice to have guests. :)

Something different now. I noticed that I am feeling really happy the past few days, seemingly for no reason. Of course it's nice that I am enjoying life here, but I'm wondering why I feel so good. Maybe it is all due to my strategy to avoid the Winter Blues. Want to know this strategy? It's very simple. Every morning when I'm on the subway, I close my eyes for a few minutes and stare into the light above me. So to find out more about this, I would like to encourage all of you who are living in a big city with a good subway system to try this out for one week and let me know the results. And for those of you who don't have the privilege to live in such a city: staring into a light bulb for five minutes each day will also do.

Just be sure to close your eyes first.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten