dinsdag 8 februari 2011

Czech bands in concert!

Lately I received the comment that my blog posts were way too much about funny stuff and too little about the things I do here in Prague. Well, that is mostly because I didn't do so much interesting things the past few weeks (although playing paintball for the first time in my life would be worth mentioning of course). But yesterday, I "did" something again.

On Sunday I decided to look at the concert agenda for Prague for the coming month, because I felt like I needed some new music in my life. On that website, I found out that the next day there was a concert at a place called Palác Akropolis by two bands that I did not know, but that did have a name that sounded interesting. So I checked them out on YouTube and decided they were quite good, so yesterday I went to Palác Akropolis to see them perform.

The support-act was called No Heroes. Those guys honoured to their name, as they entered the stage in simple white or black t-shirts and jeans. Their music was exactly the kind of music I like though. I could try to describe their style, but maybe it's easier to just show you guys a video:



So now for the main act, called Poslední výstřel. I was kind of looking forward to them, because they would sing in Czech and based on their YouTube-videos they were a bit.. unusual. Well, that impression was right. The lead singer, who looked a bit like Mick Jagger, was an over-aged, highly energetic, semi-drunk rocker/hippie/drug addict, and there was also this bald maniac who was quietly playing the accordion at first, but suddenly started to make crazy sounds in his microphone half-way the concert, and during the last song he even started to rap in a weird-sounding language that was probably Czech.

I must say, that last song was pretty good actually, but I will show you the best song of the evening: Rozhodně nečekejte sex. Actually, I caught myself singing along this one line at the end of the song. So thanks to these guys I now know one more line in Czech! was such an educational night yesterday. :)



I must say though that the live-version was a lot better than this video: it had a lot more guitar in it. The Czech crowd really went wild during this song! Which means: people started to move their legs a bit to the rhythm instead of just watching them with their hands in their pockets or their arms crossed. Yes, Czech people still have a lot to learn about enjoying themselves at concerts...

1 opmerking:

  1. Nice story!
    Even though the music is not my cup of tea, NOT AT ALL if I may say so..., it's good to hear what you're up to!!!
    Keep on going....
    Cheers!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen