woensdag 22 september 2010

Enjoying my time in Prague

Hi all!

Since my blog may have been a bit too long the last time, this time I will try to make it a bit more readable to you guys. So I’ll just quickly summarize my activities of the past few days, and after that I’ll say what I wanted to say. So. The last few days were not so much typically Czech (except for the lunch I had on Friday). I just worked, went shopping in Černy Most and went out two times with my flatmates and the two German girls that were staying over. And one of those times was after my Welcome Party, which was great! Except for the fact that they didn’t have water in Andĕl at that time. Man, am I glad that I don’t live there. I’d rather have three weeks without internet than one weekend without water.

For the rest of this post I will talk more about how I feel here. To be short: I feel great here. This totally is the challenge that I was looking for. I really enjoy my working life, it’s just a shame that I am not allowed to do any work yet. Anyway, it’s really cool to walk to the business park where Accenture is located between all those business men in fancy clothes. A few days ago I realized that I’m one of them now. So cool. :) Also I’m having a lot of fun with my co-workers. How funny is it when your colleague wanted to add a young Romanian girl to his Office Communicator (the internal msn within Accenture) and instead adds a middle-aged Australian woman, because he didn’t know her name? And it’s even funnier when you find out that he already arranged a date with that older woman for that same night. Events like this, combined with a lot of meaningless conversations between the work and trainings, make my working days a lot better. But my colleagues already told that we should enjoy our introduction period while it lasts, because the workload after that will be very heavy. So for all those people that got jealous after reading this: soon I’ll be working my ass off, then it will be over with all the fun at work. :)

Now for the subject you all came to this blog for. My salsa lesson. Well, it didn’t go through this week. I was there, but my dance partner didn’t show up and since the lesson had already started, I couldn’t find another partner. So next time I go there I’ll be sure to bring my own date, that prevents this kind of situations. The only problem now will be how to find a date. But maybe I can just pick up some random girl from the metro, or use one of the people that contact me with a Couchsurfing request (yes, of course you can stay at my place, under one condition…), I don’t know, but I hereby promise that I will go salsa dancing one day!

Na shledanou!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten