zondag 16 januari 2011

International cooking

Ok, so I got another interesting idea this weekend, that I need to share with you.

On Friday night I was without inspiration about what to cook for myself this weekend, so I asked my new Turkish penpal who I was talking to at that moment if she had any suggestions. Straight away she suggested a traditional Turkish dish, called tavuk sote (chicken saute). So I googled a recipe, made my own interpretation of it and went to the supermarket on Saturday afternoon to buy all the ingredients. It took quite some time to prepare it, since I worked with mostly fresh ingredients, but the result looked very good and the food tasted delicious as well!

So my idea is to cook a traditional recipe from a different country that was suggested by one of my penpals every weekend for the coming weeks. It will be just like a culinary travel around the world! Sounds very good, doesn't it? So if you have any suggestions about a traditional dish from your country that I should make, please let me know. I will send you a picture of the result, so you can tell me whether I did everything alright or not.

And if I don't receive any response, like the time when I suggested you all to close your eyes and stare into a bright light to become a happier person (see one of my previous blog posts), I will send you a friendly reminder on msn or through mail in the coming weeks. :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten