dinsdag 4 januari 2011

New place, new experiences

So, as I moved into my new room last weekend, I think it's time to give you all an update about it.

At first glance it all looked so perfect. The room is big, looks cosy and is situated in the center of Prague. However, on my first day and night here, I was a bit disappointed. Indeed, the room looks nice, and so does the kitchen. However, what pictures do not mention is the amount of noise you hear. My room looks out over one of the busiest streets in Prague. Even in the middle of the night not a minute goes by without several cars passing. I'm just a small town guy, so the first day and night I really had to get used to it, and I coudln't relax or sleep very well. However, today I already got used to it a bit and don't even hear all the sounds any more. So I'm turning into a big city boy now. :)

Moreover, the appartment is quite cold. In my room it's no problem, because the heating system works very well. In the hall and kitchen however, it can be very cold in my opinion. I say "in my opinion". As I spent a lot of time outside in the first night of this year, I may have a bit of a cold. That could be a reason why I'm so cold here all of the time (even in my heated room), so let's not judge the flat yet about that.

Today I'm starting to feel a bit better again, and I am cautiously optimistic now about my future here. When I'm in Vinohrady, the area that I live in now, I always get lost, so I'm sure that I will soon have some funny stories to tell you guys. :)

Photos of my new place will appear here soon!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten